Sunday, February 13, 2011

So, Froggers (that's my new name for all of you, which is a short version of *friends who are bloggers*), here's my latest project. I wanted something for over my bed in my bedroom re-do, but the object is not to spend money, since one child is in college and another is entering next year (donations are still being accepted...). I took this faded pressed fern framed piece, which was in HubbyDoc's office years ago, and decided to repurpose it. I took it apart, turned the fern around (discovering that it was just one big piece of mat board), and painted the board our coordinting color of our bedroom (Martha Stewart Geyser). I antiqued the edges after it was on since the paint was a little too much. I spray-painted the silver frame with one coat of black spray paint, wanting it to be black, but after 1 coat, it sort-of looked like hematite, which I really liked, so I kept it that way. I used Basic Gray paper, my SCAL, and voila! I like the end result, and will do another one to coordinate (we have a total of 3 of these- yipee!). Let me know what you think.
This is the before picture And after...

Sorry the pics aren't really good quality. I kinda did them in a hurry.
And, last but not least, here's another file I made. I didn't have time to cut it out today, so I'm not sure how it will cut. I'll let you know later how it fares. As usual, I LOVE comments, so let me know what you think! Enjoy! Fondly, Tami

*This file is no longer available for free. To purchase, go to after April 23, 2011. Thanks. Tami