Friday, November 4, 2011

Stools, Stools, and More Stools



Hey again, Froggers! It's STOOL day (which just sounds wrong). I've had these stools for a few months and finally got around to reverse stenciling them. I'm stoked at how they turned out!










And, remember this piece from the last post? Yes, it is Chalk Paint, but there's a twist.


I am a red fanatic. I LOVE red. I have a red checked couch in my living room. And a red leather chair and ottoman. And I LOVE chalk paint. However, the Emperor's Red color is just a little too SCREAMO RED for me. So, I decided to tone it down.
I played around with the mixture and came up with the perfect ratio. This red is a ratio of 1of Graphite to 8 of Emperor's Red. I like making small amounts for my frames, so I use 1 tablespoon of Graphite to 8 tablespoons of Emperor's Red. In a future post, I'll show you some different colors using Versailles, simply because I accidentally bought 2 quarts instead of one. That'll teach me to check my shopping cart before I check out!
Thanks for reading. And, as always, please feel free to leave comments!
Fondly, Tami
I'm linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed
Kammie's Korner
Home Savvy AtoZ 
Primitive and Proper 
Coastal Charm
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
A Diamond in the Stuff 
Days of Chalk and Chocolate 
Sisters of the Wild West 
my1929charmerblog
The 36th Avenue
No Minimalist Here
DIY by Design
Gingersnap Crafts
Beyond the Picket Fence
Saavy Southern Style 
The Southern Institute 
The Trendy Treehouse 
Tatertots and Jello 
House of Hepworths

20 comments:

  1. Love the stools!! Chalk paint is my favorite paint and Emperor's Red is my newest color! Found you via Miss Mustard Seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the bar stools! You picked really neat designs. I'm going crazy with stenciling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out great. I love the way you used a different stencil on each yet coordinated them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well how cool are those?! I don't think my body knows it's stool day. JUST KIDDING! or... just skidding... ewwww ANYWAYS I didn't come to gross you out BUT I'd love for you to share these cool stenciled beauties over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner. http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/11/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tami! Found you over at Kammy's Corner and loved these so much I featured them today over at Scribbles and Swirls. Would love for you to take a look.
    http://tamiscribblesandswirls.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-think-i-may-have-found-my-next.html
    I am your newest follower, hope you will follow me as well :)
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stools are awesome! I love the color red you've mixed up - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would yo uplease tell us how you did this?!? Awesome
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! I didn't know you could make stencils with a cricut! Tell me more! I may have to invest in one now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I never thought I'd say this, but I think I love stool day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are awesome. They are different from anything else I've seen out there. So so pretty and unique! I host a party on Fridays and I'd love for you to link up!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/01/latest-and-greatest-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are SO fun! i love the unique designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness, yes, it sounds wrong, but looks so right! love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coolest stools I've ever seen! Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stools look amazing! I love the different patterns.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stools, don't think I've ever seen anything like them. Very unique designs. Ive so got to get cricut. How did you do it? Very unique and creative on your part. Thanks for sharing your stool inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stools and I'm so stoked about RED ASCP!! Thanks for the recipe!! I'm a new blogger and a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow -- your stenciling is amazing -- thanks for sharing.
    dawnedesign.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving your stools! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just fabulous! I have a Silhouette. Did you do your stencils in vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, Kim. I designed them, cut them out in vinyl, and did the reverse stenciling. Thanks!
    Fondly, Tami

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!