Monday, June 18, 2012

Tired Two Tiered Table

Hey, Froggers! It's been a while since I've last posted, but life has been busy. I've been doing a lot of biking (the kind where my feet actually go around and around and around), and I'm finding that it's taking up a lot of time! My long rides used to be about 10-12 miles, but now I'm up to about 30. I'm pretty excited about my progress, but it's not without its aches and pains. Sheesh!
Here's my latest endeavor.




Got this beaut at benefit yard sale. It has seen better days. My pup, Jessie, is often by my side. She has had a coat of many colors.



My mom always told me to see the potential in something. I really had to use my imagination with this one. It sat in my garage for over a year (I know, I know) before I knew what to do with it.


And this is the final product.






I live in Lancaster County, and this is just a taste of what we're all about here. I used my favorite technique to dress it up.
Here's the top. I'm having lots of fun with the font package I bought a while back.




And, I needed to include a profile picture just for fun.




I want to keep this one as well (I know, I say that all the time) but alas, it will be going to my Howsewears space at BUiLDiNG CHARACTER.
And, it occurs to me that I haven't posted any recent pics of my business, so whether you like it or not, here they are. Sorry they're not the best. They were taken with my cell phone.








My space is rather tiny, but, along with custom orders, it keeps me busy enough for now.
And... if this post wasn't exciting enough, I have a little surprise. Remember my Pottery Barn knock off from this post? Well, I messed up came up with a brand new technique that is really cool! I can't wait to share it with you!
As usual, let me know what you think!
Fondly, Tami

I'm linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Under the Table and Dreaming
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Craftomaniac
Today's Creative Blog
Coastal Charm
Stringtown Home
The Tip Junkie
Thrifty Decor Chick
The Trendy Treehouse
Domestically Speaking
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Primitive and Proper
Miss Mustard Seed 
Sisters of the Wild West 
No Minimalist Here 
A Diamond in the Stuff 
My 1929 Charmer Blog 
Beyond the Picket Fence 
The 36th Avenue
Embracing Change
Elizabeth and Co. 
2805 
Simple Home Life 
The Southern Institute 
Knick of Time Interiors 
DIY by Design 
Primp Junktion

31 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! I have a stool that is bare wood - I've been staring at it for two weeks trying to decide what to do with it... I think I may try to add some character using your idea! Thanks so much for sharing at my linky party! Hope you have a wonderful week....
    {And, I'm following, now... so I won't miss out on anything!!}

    Hugs!
    Heather
    stringtownhome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!!!

    Lisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.... thankyou for your post!!!! I love the table, but the peg board is what caught my attention. I just literally ran out to the road and pulled in three sheets of it that we had sitting out for garbage pick up. I don't know why I didn't think of using this for my craft shows!!!! Thank You Thank You!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW and WOWEEE this is awesome - your work is so amazing, I just love it! Your shop looks great - wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is awesome!! Great job with the transformation; it's really cool! Shelly Andrade

    ReplyDelete
  6. table is awesome, and so is your "space"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by my bolg & leaving such kind words! I'm so very glad you did because, wow, what an awesome treasure trove your blog is. You have done some truly beautiful work. This table is wonderful, I'm absolutely in love with the colors you chose! I love using my Cricut with the SCAL software, but it saddens me that I cannot update it for fear of it not working at all. I have learned how to use dingbats & have found some pretty awesome free SVGs which really opens the door to creativity. I was pretty intimidated by it when I first got it, but feel like I learn new things it can do all the time! Considering my passion for all things typography & how well business is going right now, I think it will get quite the workout this summer :)I am a happy new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I love all the typography on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi-just wanted you to know I featured your adorable table on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is wonderful! So creative and very unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the table, great piece to use the subway art on!
    I would love to feature it, if that would be ok with you please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw your table, I immediately wondered if my sister had held a yard sale at my parents old house. That table is a replica of end tables in my childhood house. I have to say, you have totally improved the table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I've done a few dressers but would never have thought of it for a table.
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come visit and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable...I have a similar table sitting in my garage and I may have to give subway art a try. "Pinned" this...hope that is okay! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous job! you did a great job with the subway design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool! I see these little tables everywhere, and now I know exactly what to do if I ever pick one up. (What? No Dutch Wonderland?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is pretty neat. very graphic and changes a boring table into a modern design. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE THIS!!! Keep up the Lancaster County pieces, for those of us lucky enough to come see your pieces at Building Character!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh girl...that is so COOL!!!! I remember those tables SO WELL from my childhood!!!!! I love what you've done with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful table! Love subway art!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow you Mom taught you well, because you sure found the potential in this table. My Mom used to tell me that all the time - it's how I choose my home. The subway art really looks good on it, very nice. So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is absolutely gorgeous- I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see this style of table all the time. Remember them fondly from my childhood too. You did a fabulous job of transforming it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Doesn't look tired any more! Looks terrific! Thanks for sharing your project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was wondering if you hand painted this piece or used a sprayer?
    Thanks
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, Tammy. I always hand paint my pieces. I wish I had a place to spray, but I don't. However, I really like the look of a hand painted piece, so that's OK. I think they have more character and charm.
    Fondly, Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami. I have an end table just like this one and thought it might be hard to paint by hand with the little alcove. Might give it a try now!

      Delete
  27. I love what you did it to it. It was old and ugly. You look at it now and it's a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!