So, I have been quite busy creating but not blogging. Sorry, Froggers. I hope to be more "regular" (and I don't mean that how it sounds) in the future.
I have been making several items from my SVG designs. I'm now selling designs on www.diecutdesigner.com
My files are either Creations by Tami or Tami's Creations. It takes me a while to figure these things out since I'm not really creative, folks!
Here's my key file:
Here's my key file:
And here are 2 of my creations:
The key is SO dainty, and it cuts well on the Cricut. I embossed it with Tim Holtz distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo, which gives it a real rusty look. I LOVE that look.
And this tag is one of my faves! The rose is Penny Duncan's design, and I think she is SO FAB with her designing skills. The key is covered in distress embossing powder again.
Here's the swirly square on a card, although it could be easily re-sized for a 12 by 12 layout. It's stamped using a Tim Holtz (do you see a pattern here?) dabber in pearl. Then I inked over that in a stampin' up purple.
Here's a card that I made with my swirly border:
To add bling, I used distress stickles for a little punch and pizazz.
Here's the swirly border up close. The more intricate, the prettier, IMHO.
And, I think Kousa dogwoods are so pretty. Remember my wreath from a few posts ago? Well, I decided to design a blossom, inspired by Penny Duncan.
And here are some pretty things as a result:
This was a really fun card because I designed a swirl in Inkscape, then I "cut" it using the rhinestone feature. Where the "dots" were on the paper, I put rhinestones. It was so easy, and took the guesswork out of the whole placement process.
And here's the dogwood on a card with the leaf.
For the dogwood center, I had a blast figuring this out. I wanted it to look realistic. I was determined not to go to the store to buy anything, so I used what I had, which was some micro-beads. However, they were silver, so I put some in a container, sprinkled some green alcohol ink, stirred them up, and let them dry. Afterwards, they were somewhat clumpy, but they broke up easily with some gentle stirring. Then, I used some glossy accents and made little mounds. I sprinkled the beads on top of the mounds on the inside part of a lid of a plastic container. That way, the sprinkles fell into the grooves and the mounds didn't stick to the plastic. I could then just pour the beads back into the container. Once hardened, I glued the centers onto the dogwood.
Anyway, I'm offering three dogwood blossoms with leaves for free to one lucky person. Just leave a comment on this post and I'll choose someone at random on Fri., May 13th. Thanks!