Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shabby Chic Junk Journal

So, I've been having a great time making items for my Etsy shop. I LOVE creating things, but what makes them even more special is creating them for other people, whether they're used as gifts or retail items. Here's my latest:



I'm a true fan of white on white-ish. This made me smile.




The heart medallion is melted UTEE, the flower is stamped, and the key is rubbed with white gesso. Gotta love gesso.

The elderly woman is an old picture (transferred onto the page) of my great great grandma, Ma Kelly, who lived to be 103 yrs. old. Little did she know she'd end up on Etsy.




I used a wide variety of techniques in this shabby chic book. Way, way too much fun.




It was made from a vintage Do-It-Yourself encyclopedia.




I fashioned a tag with a pocket.




The book included clips, crinkle ribbon, hand-painted papers, glitter, modeling paste, glass bead gel, stamped images, etc., etc., etc. It was hard to know when to stop.




Lots of texture.







Vintage buttons.




Pearl pens, corrogated cardboard.



Clips



Altered chipboard elements




Printed canvas and hand-painted papers




Stamped images, embossing powders, rhinestones, vintage measuring tape




Twine, distress paint




Distress glitter




More embossing, crinkle ribbon, and my signature Howsewears key image




Printed canvas back



I hope you enjoyed the "tour" of my book. 
Fondly,Tami



3 comments:

  1. I LOVED the "tour" of you book and am going to work on getting one of my own made. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and thank you for sharing it!
    Someone is going to fall in love with it very fast.
    Very pretty!
    Donna/ATT

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!