Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Subway Art

This is just a quick post today since I'm going to Longwood Gardens to see their Christmas display, which is always a special treat!

Here's a favorite piece of subway art I did for a friend. She sent me the pic, and I'm so excited that she's enjoying it.


I like how she displayed it with her angels. 


And just for fun, here are some of my paper mache santas that I made several years ago. The facial expressions are so different. They're quite easy to make, and perhaps I will write up a tutorial at some point.


I believe this guy is singing.


And this guy is a little surprised. Perhaps he was seen in the chimney.


And here are some cookies that my daughter and I spent literally all day decorating. It was great fun. We became rather obsessed with making them beautiful. 


One year, we did all pastel colors, which I think I liked the most. 


It was definitely a joy doing these for friends and family. There was definitely a wow factor when they were placed on a cookie tray with some others of our faves...


...including Russian Tea Cakes.


And, this was my organic decoration on my chandelier. My neighbors had some curly willow that I sprayed gold and just stuffed into some fake greenery. It's a little departure for me, but I was happy with the results. 


Again, thanks so much for looking. 
Fondly, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!