Thursday, May 29, 2014

Show Some More Skins- Part 2.

 Hey again, Peeps. I am pretty addicted to making skins, perhaps because I've discovered you can get some amazing effects with them that you can't quite get by painting with a brush onto your paper. 

Here, I had been using some Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paint. I had watered it down somewhat, and ended up with this. So, I dried it and put extra thick glossy gel on top (see Show Some Skins).


I also played with some other generic acrylic paint. I just spread some on my craft sheet with my finger, and then I swirled it with the blunt end of my paintbrush. Again, I dried it with my heat gun before I applied the gel medium.


Here are the pieces I pulled up from my craft sheet.


I especially liked this one. 


And this one, mainly because I loved getting the "dots" of paint to pull up.


This one picked up some of the bits that were on my craft sheet from a previous project. I know, I don't keep my craft sheet very clean. NO JUDGING!


I also experimented with glossy gel vs. matte gel. I like both, equally.


Once I adhered them all to my paper, I used some stencils and stamps. Here, I'm using my "Grater" tag stencil to apply a little paint.


Here's the image in blue. I also used my "Plain Circles" for the pink and the green.


Here is one of the skins with the leftover bits from the mat.


On the bottom left, you can see the blue swirls that were picked up as well. I just think the effects are peachy keen.


I did a little hand painting.


And I added some gold leafing for a little shimmer.


And here's another shot of the cool, swirly effect. 


So, there you have it. More techniques using skins. Let me know if you try it, and I'd love to see pics!
Thanks again for stopping by!
Fondly, Tami


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!