Friday, September 30, 2011

Building Character

Yes, Froggers. I have taken the plunge. I now rent some space in a funky warehouse in Lancaster, PA, called Building Character. It's a great place with unique items, and was recently voted the second best place to buy antiques in Lancaster. Pretty cool.
I'm very excited to start this new adventure. The name of my business is Howsewears and the tag line is "Wearable Art for your Home". I'm specializing in painted furniture with a twist, and custom signs (including subway art). I've slightly nervous, but if I wasn't, that would be a warning sign.
I also have a Facebook page, obviously called Howsewears. I've been so busy with my inventory that I haven't had time to work on my web site (howsewears.com), or the Facebook page, but they'll both be up and running, hopefully by the end of the month. So, feel free to "like" my Howsewears page.
Building Character also participates in the First Friday events in downtown Lancaster, with live music, etc. So if you're in the area, I'd love to see you! Stop in and say, "Hi". 
Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea what my space looks like. I need to do some painting, etc. but it will come along. It looks somewhat sparse because the photographer, who is doing some advertising, has some items at another location.


It's amazing what you can do with chalk paint. These gourds turned out so cute! I wanted to keep them, but alas, I can't keep everything I do.


Here they are with the bureau I did. I like the combo.



And here is my tiny space. I'll get there. I'm pretty stoked, though. I have a zillion and one ideas for things to make, ways to decorate the space. Can you say, "drop cloth curtains???" But, this will do for now.


So, there you have it. I'll let you know how things go.
Fondly, Tami

2 comments:

  1. Tami - I love your shop and keep us posted! I liked you on FB. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your booth space..Its so much fun!!
    Karin
    www.artisbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!