Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Using Shoes to Make Cards

MAKE RESERVATIONS NOW! If you're like me, Valentine's Day often gets lost in the shuffle of real life. This year, I made reservations (yes, already) for a very nice restaurant for which I have a gift card. However, my sister called and said she and her husband will be in town that weekend. Oh, well. Perhaps I will make reservations for another time. Drat.
Anyway, here are a few cards I made for the occasion.

You see, I may or may not have cut up a red leather shoe to make some hearts. 
I had a great pair of Clark's sandals. I loved those shoes. However, when we moved 9 yrs. ago, the movers lost one shoe. I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. 
I waited and waited and waited for that other shoe to show up. It never did.
So, I had this wonderful red leather. 
"Why not cut it up?", I thought. 


So, I did. Here are the four hearts I cut. Dang, I would have loved that other shoe as well!


And, here are the cards. Not bad, eh?




I altered the hearts a little more by stamping with permanent ink.






Since these cards are so full of "stuff", I will reserve them for hand delivery. 
So, the next time you want to throw out a pair of shoes (or a handbag or a belt or a....), think twice!
Again, thanks for checking in.
Fondly, Tami



1 comment:

  1. oooo, i have a pair of leopard shoes.....so, when I see them next in the closet, they will have new meaning,,,,other than they hurt to wear, but look sooooo darn cute on...thinking they will looked cuter on the next project...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!