Friday, January 28, 2011

Serendipity

So, I happened upon a blog yesterday and she had an idea that I absolutely LOVE. If you like the fancy schmancy candles that have the writing on them (and are expensive?), then I have the link for you! I started out with a plain blue candle, and this is what I ended up with. The candle was on sale at AC Moore (my second home), so it cost next to nothing to make. My next one will turn out a little more refined, but I don't think the first one is too bad, huh? Click here for instructions.
Then, I happened upon a new technique by "accident". Here, I was using a homemade paper "handle" to hold a black paper clip. I wanted to change the color of the clip, so I smooshed it into Versamark ink, then I embossed it with gold powder. However, I noticed the wonderful little nubblies that were created when the embossing powder stuck to the adhesive.
So, I ran some adhesive along another piece of paper, sprinkled embossing powder on it, shook the powder off, heated it, and voila- a rather cool technique for a border or just an enhanced look. I love it when that happens!
Thanks again for looking!
Fondly, Tami

7 comments:

  1. Very creative.. Good job

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good I will have to try it and see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative idea. I do not know if you knew but if your item is metal all you need to do to emboss it is heat it up then dip it in your embossing powder then heat again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever!!! LOVE the idea and your candle is very pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Love how that turned out and the candle looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the embossing powder border! What kind of adhesive did you use? It looks like you get the effect you did because the adhesive lays down in dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the glue glider pro, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!