Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More Subway Art- Fun With Fonts

Hey, Froggers. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted! Believe me, a LOT has happened. We had a pretty huge medical scare, but all is good, and I'm incredibly thankful that it was the best possible outcome instead of a death sentence. And trust me, I'm not being melodramatic. Whew!
So, after all that, I managed to gather up my crafting strength and create a few more things. I've been using my Black Cat Cougar, and boy, is it ever nice.
My friend, Kate, at the Cozy Crop House, wanted me to make a subway art sign to put up for sale at her scrapbooking retreat. And if that wasn't fun enough, you can see yours truly here. The local news did a spot and they put it up on Youtube. I always did like attention, so this was perfect! I'm the one in the red sweater. The funny thing is that I'm not really working on anything in the video. I'm just shuffling things around. Ha!




There's a local gentleman, who I met at a yard sale, who was selling un-finished, un-drilled cabinet doors. I was thrilled. AND, he said he had a lot more back at his shop. Can you say, "PAYDIRT"? I went and bought several, and plan to go back again. And, don't ask me for his number. I won't give it to you. ;)


I've wanted to do a Penn State piece, and I had no idea what to put on it. However, I asked my good friends, Buzz and Kim, who are PS graduates. Interestingly enough, I looked up some things on the internet, and found out that PS is quite picky about what you can use. You can't use Penn State, Blue Band, their lion, of course, Nittany Lion, or the paw (mine below is a generic paw, not the official logo). In keeping with not wanting to violate copyrights, I didn't use them.


A few months ago, I bought a package of several hundred fonts that were available for commercial use. I so enjoy trying to match the word with the font. I love the grilled stickies font. I believe it was originally intended for Halloween use, but I think it fits in quite well here.


I like the Lion font.


More close-ups:








Let's just say that I'm having way too much fun.
If you want to know how I did these, just check my tutorial here .
Here's to happy crafting!
Fondly, Tami
I'm linking to:
Beyond the Picket Fence
No Minimalist Here
The Trendy Treehouse 
DIY By Design 
Beneath My Heart

10 comments:

  1. Love it nice job!
    Love hugs and
    Prayers
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't use the subway arts yet I do love them. One day they will make their way into one of my pages ... thank you for sharing yet another few beautiful works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Penn State sign you made! It brought back so many great memories for me --- thank you! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your subway art and want to try it soon. What font did you use for cutting "cozy crop house"?

    blessings patchworkhen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your subway art is amazing-following you from beneath my heart-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun art - I might have to add something like this to the summer project list I have just started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you consider making and selling a sign and or the graphics? 2 of my 3 boys are PSU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Sure, ishopalot. Email me and I'll send you my pricing and custom policy. Tami

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!