Monday, April 2, 2012

Custom Subway Art


Here's yet another piece of subway art. Sorry if I'm boring you Froggers, but I'm having so much fun with this art form. This was a custom piece for my daughter's friend who just set up house and is getting married this summer. I wanted to make a piece that was special to her and her fiance, so I told her I'd make her one (knowing that she likes them, of course), and asked what she would like me to put on it. She has a wonderful steampunk theme, so I had to keep that in mind.


I thought Thorn would be appropriate, since that will be her new last name, and it was fitting for the theme.




This piece was quite challenging for me because of the size, but like previous projects, I learned along the way and have a much better idea how to pull it all together for the next one.



I was so tickled with this. I LOVE making custom pieces!
I promise that the next post will be about something else. 
Fondly, Tami
I'm linking to:
Knick of Time Interiors

1 comment:

  1. This turned out fabulous! What a great piece for a gift! Hugs!! Visiting from the Black cat forum :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!